Dr. Jimmy Shen is a graduate of the University of Melbourne (MBBS) and completed advanced training in diabetes and endocrinology at Flinders Medical Centre (SA) and Monash Health (VIC).
Dr. Shen was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physician (FRACP) in 2011. Dr. Shen subsequently pursued a higher degree (PhD) involving scientific research in the field of the mineralocorticoid receptor and cardiovascular endocrinology through the Hudson Institute of Medical Research and Monash University. He is a past recipient of the RACP scholarship and the Australian Postgraduate Award and has recently completed his dissertation.
Dr. Shen has a clinical interest in general endocrinology, with special interests in endocrine hypertension, general thyroid disorders and thyroid cancer, and gestational diabetes. He has been actively involved in the teaching and supervision of endocrinology advanced trainees and residents at Monash Health. Dr. Shen is a consultant endocrinologist at Monash Health, with appointments in the general Endocrinology Clinic, Thyroid Clinic, and Gestational Diabetes Clinic.
• Consultant Endocrinologist, Monash Health
• Hudson Institute of Medical Research
• Royal Australian College of Physicians
• Endocrine Society of Australia
• The Endocrine Society (USA)
SEA as a service provider for Dr Jimmy Shen
Southeast Endocrine Associates (SEA) takes pride in providing a high quality Endocrine and Diabetes support services and facility for Dr Jimmy Shen
When booking to see Dr Jimmy Shen, please understand the following:
- Dr Jimmy Shen practises individually independent of other endocrinologists.
- SEA is responsible for the booking, paperwork, billing and providing facility for Dr Jimmy Shen. SEA is not responsible for the medical practices or treatment plans instituted by Dr Jimmy Shen.
- Dr Jimmy Shen ’s relationship with SEA is one of contractor and service provider. Dr Jimmy Shen is not an employee of SEA.
- Dr Jimmy Shen may practise in another facility/location outside SEA. It is your right to obtain your clinical notes, and discuss with Dr Jimmy Shen the best location to organise your consultation or treatment.