Dr. Eleanor Thong graduated from Monash University with Honours and subsequently completed her specialist training in Endocrinology at The Alfred Hospital and Monash Health. She was admitted as a Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in 2016.
Dr. Thong is a Consultant Endocrinologist at Monash Health with appointments in the Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (Bariatric Service) units. She welc omes referrals in all aspects of endocrinology and diabetes, and has special interests in metabolic bone conditions and weight management. She is currently undertaking research in bone health in individuals with Type 1 diabetes, as part of her Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) studies supported by the Research Training Program scholarship.
Outside of her clinical and research activities, Dr. Thong is also committed to education, and is involved in medical undergraduate teaching and supervision of junior doctors.
• Consultant Endocrinologist, Monash Health
• Royal Australasian College of Physicians
• Endocrine Society of Australia
• The Endocrine Society USA
• Australian Diabetes Society
• Australian and New Zealand Bone Mineral Society
• International Osteoporosis Foundation